How well are you being found when your customer is searching for your product and/or services? This is a great question to ask when planning your marketing plan and being in front of your customer when they are ready to make a purchase. Smartphones and tablets are growing by leaps and bounds when it comes to purchasing power and targeting those that are in the market to buy.
Consider this, there are 1 in 3 mobile local searches and usually one of those smartphone users has a tablet of some kind. After looking up a local business 61% of those users called the business and 59% visited that business. Here are some other quick stats that may convince you to get more of a mobile presence in order to reach your target audience.
· 80% of humans own a mobile phone (external source).
· There are 91.4 million smartphones in the United States alone.
· Out of the 5 billion mobile phones in the world, 1.08 billion are smartphones.
· Android has the highest market share with 46.9% – the iPhone has 28.7%.
· 9 out of 10 smartphone users use their phone on a daily basis.
· The most popular smartphone activity is texting, followed by internet browsing and playing games.
(Source: Smartphone Usage Statistics 2012)
· A higher percentage of Android users are below the age of 34 in comparison to iPhone users.
· People between the ages of 25 and 34 are more likely to own a smartphone (62%) than any other age group.
· Android users consume the more data on a monthly basis (582MB) compared to users of other mobile operating systems.
· iPhone users download more apps on a monthly basis (48) when compared to users of other mobile operating systems.
Live life and stay social. Contact me at 904.316.4460 or check me out on Facebook.com/TheDigitalDiva01!