Being a small business owner can be challenging to say the least. I am sure I am hearing Amen across the web! When it comes to marketing yourself the first step is to figure out whom your ideal customer is and where do they go when they are looking for your products and/or services. The answer is, drum roll please…THE INTERNET!
In the last six years the Internet’s usage has grown substantially. Smart phones, tablets and apps make searching, surfing and socializing a lot more user friendly, fun and easy. Here are some quick facts that you should know:
- Cell phone ownership in the U.S. is at 92%, up from 73% in 2007 - Experian
- 52% of Adults browse the web on their cell phones – Experian
- 86% of consumers use the Internet to find local businesses - ComScore
- After looking at a business on their smart phone, 61% of users called the business - Comscore
- The social media giant Facebook leads the pack with 16.6% of all online minutes at the end of 2011 – ComScore
- Internet users spend an average of 18 hours a week online – eMarketer
- A staggering 4.8 trillion display ad impressions were delivered across the U.S. web in 2011 – Comscore
The Internet makes it easier to target your customer, track your customer and engage with your customer. Even if you don’t know how to tweet, post comments on Facebook or +1 you need to be there. Consumers today prequalify who they want to do business with and if you are not where they are looking then you are not even considered. How is your web presence and are you being discovered where your ideal customer is looking?
Call me or email me today for your free consultation and complimentary web analysis! You need to know… TheDigitalDivaOnline.com. Live life and be social!